• Aktualisierte Forenregeln

Eine kleine Änderung hat es im Bereich Forenregeln unter Abschnitt 2 gegeben, wo wir nun explizit darauf verweisen, dass Forenkommentare in unserer Heftrubrik Leserbriefe landen können.

Forenregeln

Vielen Dank

[Sammelthread] US-Sports

AW: [Sammelthread] MLB

Woah, das Kollektiv überkommt den MVP! Gewaltige 5 Punke von der Bank für die Cavs sind halt zuwenig, selbst wenn LBJ wie heut einen guten Tag hat.

Davide Ortiz mit erstem Home Run der Saison

The much-dissected drought finally ended in the bottom of the fifth inning Wednesday at Fenway, when Red Sox slugger David Ortiz had his first Big Papi moment of 2009.

Na endlich! :-D
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mariners mit knappem Sieg dank exzellentem Pitching

Rookie Chris Jakubauskas hurled six innings of two-hit shutout ball, and Ken Griffey Jr.'s RBI single in the first inning held up in the Mariners' 1-0 victory over the Angels on Wednesday.

[...] Jakubauskas retired 11 of the first 12 batters he faced, held the Angels scoreless for six innings and then turned the game over to three relievers as the Mariners notched a 1-0 victory before 18,580 at Safeco Field. [...]
Was ein Killer. =)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Etwas für die Galerie, äh... Geschichtsbücher: Triple Play

The Rangers made some history on Wednesday night, when second baseman Ian Kinsler and shortstop Elvis Andrus teamed up for a triple play against the Tigers.

Yankees mit achtem Sieg in Folge

Nick Swisher, Robinson Cano and Melky Cabrera hit consecutive home runs as the Yanks won their eighth straight, 11-4, over the Orioles on Wednesday.

Giambi drischt den 400. Ball über den Zaun

When Jason Giambi signed with the A's in January, he was sitting on 396 career home runs and talked openly about wanting to play long enough to reach 500. No. 400 came Saturday night.
Einige Worte vom Jubiliar:
"I was glad the fans here got a chance to see it where I started my career," said Giambi, who was drawn out of the dugout for a curtain call. "The fans have always been great to me here."

Pitcher am Schlagmal

Who is the best-hitting pitcher in the game today or in history? Should pitchers be allowed or required to hit? And finally, can pitchers really be good hitters?

Ich denke, Pitcher sollten pitchen, nichts anderes. Die sind imho zu wertvoll für's Team als das sie sich an der Platte "Mühe" geben sollten / ihr Batting verbessern sollten. Daher auch meine Affinität zur American League, wo der Designated Hitter für den Pitcher an die Platte tritt.

Statement vom Mike Scioscia, Angels Manager:
"We just want guys to maybe get a bunt down and not hurt themselves,"
So sehe ich das auch. :]

Red Sox mit Wild-Pitch-Rekord

MINNEAPOLIS -- The Red Sox tied a modern-day record with six wild pitches in Wednesday's 4-2 loss to the Twins.

:pissed: Ouch!

Mangelnde Kommunikation zwischen Pitcher und Catcher? Schlechten Tag erwischt? :-D
Besser ganz schnell abhaken und vergessen. :B
--------------------

Mariners gewinnen letztes Spiel der Serie gegen Oakland

The Mariners salvaged the final game of their series against the Athletics on Wednesday with a 6-1 victory before 30,012 at the Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum.

[...]At that point, the Mariners were 26-for-164 (.159) over the past 22-plus games. They were 60-for-185 (.324) during the first 25 games of the season, which explains why Seattle bolted to a 15-10 start but has gone 7-16 since.

Ich entschlüssel das Mal: Die Mariners versinken im Mittelmaß, was für ihre Verhältnisse normal ist. =)

---------------------------------

Derek Jeter führt früh beim Allstar-Vote

If the early polls are any indication, Derek Jeter is headed for his 10th 10th All-Star Game berth. The popular Yankees captain leads all AL players with 664,630 votes.

Wer sonst? %)

@Boston: Da kan man nur zum neuen Record gratulieren :finger:

@Mariners: Ja, da müsste schon ne ordentliche Serie kommen, um noch mitreden zu können. Texas und LA sind auch nicht sooo die Übermannschaften, aber für Seattle sieht es trotzdem jetzt ziemlich duster aus.

@Derek: :) Kann man da nur sagen. Der Kerl ist einfach sympathisch. aber die Konkurrenz beim Vote war auch nicht gerade übermächtig...
Bei uns in der Straße sind sogar einige Mets Fans kleine Jeter Jünger =)

Aber an der 1st Base Youkilis auf Platz 1. Naja, was die Leute immer an dem finden. Fast so schlimm wie J. Papelbon. Overrated. Auch wenn die Statistik was anderes sagt ;)

@ Allstar-Vote:

Bei den Catchern hätte ich gerne Varitek und Posada weiter vorn gesehen. :-o
Der Twins-Catcher Mauer is ja mal ne Granate. (massig Votes) :haeh: :top:

Die Mariners sind wenigstens im Outfield vertreten mit Ken Griffey Jr. und Ichiro. =)

Noch sind ja nicht alle Messen gesungen. :]

nikiburstr8x am 29.05.2009 09:21 schrieb:
@ Allstar-Vote:

Die Mariners sind wenigstens im Outfield vertreten mit Ken Griffey Jr. und Ichiro. =)

Joe Mauer war aber in den letzten Jahren öfter vorne im Vote mit drin oder :confused:

frogi am 29.05.2009 10:17 schrieb:
@ Allstar-Vote:

Joe Mauer war aber in den letzten Jahren öfter vorne im Vote mit drin oder :confused:
Mir ist der nie aufgefallen. :-D

nikiburstr8x am 29.05.2009 10:55 schrieb:
frogi am 29.05.2009 10:17 schrieb:
@ Allstar-Vote:

Mir ist der nie aufgefallen. :-D

Hm, mir war immer so. Naja :)

Nochmal zu anderen Themen der Vollständigkeit halber.

NHL: Red Wings vs. Penguins im Stanley Cup 2009

The Red Wings defeated Columbus, Anaheim and Chicago to take a place on hockey's center stage, while the Penguins ousted Philadelphia, Washington and Carolina to reclaim Eastern supremacy.

The Final spotlight will shine brightly on the Penguins' Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin, two young superstars who have been dominant during the postseason. Both are tied for the League lead with 28 points and Crosby holds the edge in goals, 14-12.

Not to be outdone are the Red Wings, sporting goalie Chris Osgood and his stingy 2.06 goals-against average and 12 wins.

One of the great sidelights to this series is Marian Hossa, who played with the Penguins in the 2008 Final and then signed with the Red Wings. He now takes on his former teammates looking for his first Stanley Cup.

So, settle back and enjoy. This is gonna be a doozy.

NFL: Cowboys eröffnen ihr neues Stadion für 1.25 Milliarden

You can't do the Cowboys' new stadium justice with words. When you get on Interstate 30 in downtown Dallas, you can see the top of the stadium in the distance -- from 18 miles away.

On Wednesday, the Cowboys opened the stadium with a ribbon-cutting ceremony that lasted less than 30 minutes, but in typical Jerry Jones fashion, it was a grand celebration. The doors to the building were opened from the bottom all the way to the top. Picture a gigantic edifice with the doors opening from the bottom up. It was amazing to watch.

Draft Übersicht der 1. Runde ( die wichtigsten ):

1 Lions Matthew Stafford QB
2 Rams Jason Smith OT
3 Chiefs Tyson Jackson DE
4 Seahawks Aaron Curry OLB
5 Jets Mark Sanchez QB
6 Bengals Andre Smith OT
7 Raiders Darrius Heyward-Bey WR
8 Jaguars Eugene Monroe OT
9 Packers B.J. Raji DT
10 49ers Michael Crabtree WR
11 Bills Aaron Maybin DE
12 Broncos Knowshon Moreno RB
13 Redskins Brian Orakpo DE
14 Saints Malcolm Jenkins CB
15 Texans Brian Cushing OLB
16 Chargers Larry English DE
17 Buccaneers Josh Freeman QB
18 Broncos Robert Ayers LB
19 Eagles Jeremy Maclin WR
20 Lions Brandon Pettigrew TE
21 Browns Alex Mack C
22 Vikings Percy Harvin WR
23 Ravens Michael Oher OT
24 Falcons Peria Jerry DT
25 Dolphins Vontae Davis CB
26 Packers Clay Matthews OLB
27 Colts Donald Brown RB
28 Bills Eric Wood C
29 Giants Hakeem Nicks WR
30 Titans Kenny Britt WR
31 Cardinals Chris Wells RB
32 Steelers Evander Hood DT

Rivera setzt Rekord mit 58 Saves für Pettitte

What Andy Pettitte starts, Mariano Rivera finishes. Rivera's save on Friday was his 58th in games won by Pettitte, an MLB record.
:X Ich mag die beiden!

--------------------------------

Manny Ramirez Allstar '09?

Commissioner Bud Selig is keeping an eye on the All-Star voting numbers, and is weighing his options in the event that suspended outfielder Manny Ramirez wins election to this year's showcase event in St. Louis.

[...] Selig told The Arizona Republic that he is analyzing his options.

"I'm going to think about that," Selig said. "He doesn't come back till July 3. Normally, I'm sensitive to the wishes of the fans. If the fans choose someone, I'd like to honor that. But we've been testing players for a long time, and it bothers me that someone would [cheat] at this stage in the game. I've got some time to think about this one."

Joe Torre (Dodgers Manager) über Ramirez:
"Manny's popularity is why he's gotten votes. Realistically, he didn't have, except for reputation, a right to be an All-Star. It probably isn't the right thing for him this year, from the baseball aspect, I've got to think."

Quelle

Muss King James wohl mindestens ein weiteres Jahr warten. :finger:

Mariners mit dramatischem Sieg

Jose Lopez hit a game-tying three-run home run in the ninth inning and Wladimir Balentien scored the winning run in the 10th to give the Mariners a 4-3 victory over the Angels on Saturday.

Schön. Dramatische Siege sind mir zwar egal ( :B ), Hauptsache, ihr habt im Endeffekt mehr Siege als Niederlagen! ;)

-------------------------------

Spektakuläres aus der MLB:

Ryan Howard mit Clubrekord: 8 Grand Slams für die Phillies

Ryan Howard homered in his first two at-bats Saturday night, and in the process, broke a tie for the most grand slams in Phillies history with his eighth, a 475-foot blast to the third deck at Citizens Bank Park.

mustergültiger Suicide Squeeze Bunt ;)

Lou Piniella didn't take any credit for Reed Johnson's perfectly executed suicide squeeze bunt on Saturday. It was just the right situation.

Rivera geht gern Wände hoch

When Juan Rivera went airborne on Friday night to take a home run away, the Angels' left fielder was calling on a routine he'd worked on many times in drills in Spring Training.

2009 Golden Spike-Finalisten stehen fest

Right-hander Stephen Strasburg, the projected top Draft pick, is one of five finalists for the 2009 USA Baseball Golden Spikes Award. The others are North Carolina's Dustin Ackley, Alabama's Kent Matthes, Mike Leake of Arizona State and A.J. Morris of Kansas State.

[...]The presentation of the 32nd annual Golden Spikes Award will once again take center stage at Major League Baseball's All-Star Game, being held on July 14 in St. Louis. [...]

-----------------------

Ichiro verbessert eigenen Hit-Streak-Rekord

Ichiro Suzuki legged out an infield single in his first at-bat Tuesday night against the Orioles, extending his hitting streak to 26 games and breaking his own franchise mark of 25 games, which he's accomplished twice.

Japans Nr. 1! :X :-D

-------------------------

Posadas Fehler beendet fehlerfreie Spielserie

Jorge Posada committed a throwing error in the fourth inning of the Yankees' 12-3 win on Tuesday, snapping the team's Major League record of 18 consecutive games without an error.

-------------------------------

Eichhörnchen (?!) behindert Spielfluss

A squirrel scampered around the field at Comerica Park on Tuesday night, sporadically disrupting play between the Tigers and the Red Sox. Boston team members thought it bore an uncanny resemblance to second baseman Dustin Pedroia.

lol. :-D

------------------------------------------

Jeter mit 1500sten Run

When Derek Jeter crossed home plate in the fourth inning of the Yankees' 12-3 win on Tuesday night, the New York captain made history.

Auf die nächsten 1500. :]

---------------------------------------------

Dan Uggla nicht zu stoppen

With his 100th homer Tuesday at Land Shark Stadium, Dan Uggla became the fastest second baseman to reach the mark in Major League history.

Sammy Sosa bald Hall of Famer?

Sammy Sosa, who has not played in the Majors since 2007, reportedly plans to officially announce his retirement soon and expects to hear from the National Baseball Hall of Fame in the future.

A story published by ESPNdeportes.com on Wednesday reported that Sosa, interviewed while appearing at a government-sponsored event in the Dominican Republic, said he does not intend to allow his career achievements to be clouded with suspicions of steroid use.

"Everything I achieved, I did it thanks to my perseverance, which is why I never had any long, difficult moments [as a baseball player]. If you have a bad day in baseball, and start thinking about it, you will have 10 more," Sosa said in his first public comments in months.

[...] Sosa, currently a Special Ambassador For Investment Opportunities for the Dominican Republic government, is one of just six players in baseball history to surpass the 600-homer mark, finishing with 609 after reaching the milestone with the Rangers in 2007. Playing most of his career with the Cubs, he is the only player to hit 60 or more homers in three seasons -- 66 in 1998, 63 in '99 and 64 in 2001.[...]

Ellsbury stiehlt Home

The speed and athleticism were always there. Now, Jacoby Ellsbury is flourishing in center field and on the base paths for the Red Sox, continually improving at the plate.

-------------------------------------

Red Sox nach Review bekommen Home Run anerkannt

Mike Lowell hit a shot off the top of the Green Monster in the second inning, and after a brief delay, umpires ruled it a solo homer.

Wenn man sich das Video anschaut isses eigentlich ne klare Sache. :-o

---------------------------------------

Spieler bekommt Foul Ball an den Hals / Kehle

Orioles outfielder Felix Pie, making his first start in nine games, left after his first at bat in which a foul ball bounced up off the plate and struck him in his throat.

Das ist schon schmerzhaft, wenn du so einen Ball ans Knie oder Knöchel kriegst. :pissed:

------------------------------------------

Franchise-Rekord für die Nationals: 5 DPs in einem Spiel

The Nationals turned a franchise-record five double plays in a 7-1 victory over the Mets at Nationals Park on Saturday night.

Schlechtes Batting oder gnadenlos gute Verteidigung?
Die Wahrheit liegt wohl irgendwo dazwischen. :-D

--------------------------------------------

Mariners mit vielen engen Spielen in der bisherigen Saison

"They didn't warn me when I took this job that games would be this close," first-year manager Don Wakamatsu quipped Saturday after the Mariners pulled out a 2-1 victory over the Twins before 30,600 at Safeco Field. "But it's nice to be in one-run games, and win."

[...] The Mariners have played 56 games this season and 27 of them have been decided by one run. The club record for most one-run games in a season is 56 (in 1993) and at this rate, that record will fall long before Labor Day.[...]

[...] Seattle (27-29) is 15-12 in one-run decisions and six of their last six games have been decided by one run.[...]

Immerhin gehen sie nicht komplett unter und werden ordentlich von stärkeren Teams verhauen. =) :-D

Manny Ramirez über seine Suspendierung

During an unscheduled meeting with reporters prior to the Dodgers' game against the Padres, Ramirez declined to elaborate on his initial statement made after the 50-game suspension was handed down, offering no further details about what led to the suspension. He is eligible to return to the Dodgers on July 3.

"That's in the past," Ramirez said. "Whatever happened, that's in the past. I'm coming to play my game and move on. What happened, happened. I spoke to [owner] Frank McCourt, I apologized, I spoke to [manager] Joe Torre, my teammates and I'm ready to move on. I didn't kill nobody, I didn't rape nobody. That's it."

7-0 führen die Sox gegen die Yankees diese Saison

Trailing by two in the eighth on Thursday, the Red Sox pieced together three runs on four singles and a walk to hold off the Yankees, 4-3, and stay perfect against their rivals this year.

Naja, das ist doch mal aussagekräftig. :B

-----------------------------------

"tierische" Unterstützung für die Indians

What happens when a baseball strikes a seagull on the field? The ball is in play and, as it happened on Thursday night, the Cleveland Indians score the winning run.

Dem Vogel scheint's ja nicht all zu sehr geschadet zu haben, die Royals Defense umso mehr. :-D

---------------------------------------

Schöner Catch =)

Michael Bourn's tumbling catch in center field wowed the Minute Maid Park crowd on Thursday and brought a smile to the face of Bourn, who tried to glance back at the replay board to catch another glimpse.

Mariners mit ausgeglichener Bilanz

Russell Branyan homered and drove in three runs, fill-in starter Garrett Olson turned in a workmanlike five innings and the Seattle Mariners rallied for a 6-3 victory over the Baltimore Orioles on Thursday.

[...] The victory gave the Mariners, who have won six of nine, a fourth straight series victory and helped them even their record at .500 (29-29) for the first time since May 10, when they were 16-16. Ichiro Suzuki went 2-for-5 and has now reached base in 40 consecutive games, the longest streak in the American League this season. That ties Ichiro's career high, established in 2004. [...]

Ozuna des Dopings überführt - 50 Spiele Sperre

Pablo Ozuna, who plays second base for Triple-A Lehigh Valley, has been suspended 50 games for showing an "elevated testosterone/epitesterone ratio."

Pudge sets record for games caught

Ivan Rodriguez, who broke into the Majors as a 19-year-old rookie with the Rangers on June 20, 1991, officially surpassed Carlton Fisk and became the record-holder when Wednesday's game became official in the fifth inning.
------------------------------------
Red Sox fete 500th straight sellout

When the Red Sox's game against the Marlins turned official after the fifth inning Wednesday, it marked the Major League record 500th sellout at Fenway Park, a streak that started on May 15, 2003.
The Red Sox have sold out 500 consecutive regular-season games. A look at Boston's numbers at Fenway during the milestone sellouts.

Attendance 17,997,305
Record 327-173
Saves 132
Innings pitched 4547
Runs allowed 2,314
ERA 4.20
Strikeouts 3,456
Walks 1,481
Pitches thrown by Red Sox 73,480
Batting average 0.295
On-Base percentage 0.374
Slugging percentage 0.48