• Aktualisierte Forenregeln

Eine kleine Änderung hat es im Bereich Forenregeln unter Abschnitt 2 gegeben, wo wir nun explizit darauf verweisen, dass Forenkommentare in unserer Heftrubrik Leserbriefe landen können.

Forenregeln

Vielen Dank

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Informationen und Diskussionen

Freut Ihr euch auf Witcher 3?

• Anzahl der Umfrageteilnehmer
Witcher 3 Wild Hunt Interview: Charles Dance, Next Gen and Canon

Posted by: Andy W. September 26, 2013

I recently got to see the Witcher 3 at a behind closed doors showing. After having seen the amazing visuals and a truly interesting mission from the game, I was able to get a quick interview with the producer of the game, Mikołaj Szwed (image below). What followed was an interview full of information and slyly trying to get some more juicy pieces. Here it is in full below:

attachment-2-555x416.jpg

1 – The game looked brilliant. Great graphics and an all round good looking next generation game. In an interview previously with another outlet, Konrad [Tomaszkiewicz] had said that you were “working to get the max out of the hardware and thinking how one can creatively use the technology “ In terms of next generation hardware, how close is this from maxed out, it is hard to see much room for improvement!

That’s a very tricky question to answer. Think of maxing out hardware in terms of… the trunk in your car and the space it offers. Consoles have a defined performance budget – you can’t expand the memory or replace CPU/GPUs. This means you have to be very creative with how you use what you have. And this is where the tricky stuff starts. You can randomly stuff the luggage in the trunk and max out the space in no time or you can methodically place specially prepared cases to get every inch of space out of what you have. Experience shows that both the “casing technology” and the skill in packing them rises the further we are in the console’s lifecycle. Learning all the tricks takes time – that’s why maxing out hardware is possible on day 1 right when the next-gen hardware launches, yet the games near the end of the console’s life cycle always look the best.

2 – The next generation hardware has been vilified by many developers who have been calling out for a next generation platform for a while. Does this step up affect your goal of conveying emotions to the player, making sure that their actions make an impact? Or would you have been able to achieve this regardless?

I think that you can convey emotions regardless of the platform and its horsepower. Truth be told, games have been doing it for a long time, well before the era of super-realistic computer graphics. You can evoke emotions with visuals, sure, but I believe the core of the effort lies within the story. “For sale: baby shoes, never worn” – a mere six words can pack a real punch!

The_Witcher_3_Wild_Hunt_Whale-555x312.png

3 – What is the best feature you have found in the next gen hardware? I personally like the ability to stream my game so that if a friend sees I am in trouble, they could watch and give me pointers. I think that is really helpful.

Definitely the social features of the consoles. As you mentioned, streaming videos is something very cool and I really look forward to seeing what gamers will do with it. Also, the different ways gamers can share their in-game progress status and, in general, experience games together – social interaction on this scale is really something!

4 – Many games claim to have a choice system in place where there is a variety of different outcomes. However, many end up like Mass Effect 3 with specific endings regardless of your choices throughout. Will every action in the game that is not so black and white result in a slightly different ending for your character? Or will it just be what you see in the game that gets affected, resulting in an ending that feels like it has a canon of sorts?

We will have a couple of different, main endings to the game, strictly connected to the “big” choices you’ve made during the game. Apart from that, we will also have a number of smaller scenes depicting the different changes that you affected in the world by making various smaller choices throughout the game, showing how your actions actually shaped the world and individual characters.

The_Witcher_3_Wild_Hunt_Town-555x312.png

5- Many people talk of story driven games and open world games separately and you guys have been touting this game as one and the same. In many open world games, the player can lose sight of the story due to the overwhelming availability of missions and side quests and collectibles etc. How will Wild Hunt combat this feeling?

The Witcher 3 is not like most open world games in this regard. We put a lot of effort into making the game’s pacing just right, as we think it’s key to avoiding the sort of feeling you describe. In The Witcher 3, two mechanisms will battle it out to determine what you’ll ultimately do – the urge to explore will compete with your need to know what happens next plot-wise. We can control the intensity of each feeling by introducing new stuff (plot and gameplay-wise) along the way, so you should never feel like there’s a million of things to do and only one Geralt.

6 –Talking of canon, the second game had many different endings. Will the 3rd pick up from whichever one is “canon” (is there a canon?), or will it be where the game asks you a series of questions in the intro/import save data and pick up where you left off?

All of the endings are canonical. Making only one “count” would really depreciate all the choices gamers made during the previous game. That’s why we decided to find one common connection and start The Witcher 3 from there. This “common denominator” is the Nilfgaardian invasion that we see at the end of The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings. Nilfgaard is advancing into the Northern Kingdoms and Geralt is now free from all the political intrigue he’s been so tangled up in. As for the choices gamers made during the previous game, we can confirm save game importing on the PC and we’re heavily exploring various solutions for consoles.

7 – If some main characters from the books should appear in TW3 they shall be consistent with their roots or they shall be adapted by force changing theirs personality by the decisions taken in TW2?

I see what you’re trying to do here! On a more serious note though, for now, we don’t comment on the appearance of characters other than those we’ve revealed so far.

The_Witcher_3_Wild_Hunt_Skellige_Tavern-2-555x312.png

8 – I know you either must be sick of hearing about the more “adult” nature of the games or must be proud that you handled it so successfully that people actually took it seriously and didn’t blast the game, but The Witcher 2 was praised for handling adult sexuality and romance in a mature manner that contrasted greatly with the first game’s sex cards. We know that the cards are out, but how will The Witcher 3 handle relationship dynamics? Do we get a choice between Triss, Yennefer and other women? Or is this choice out of the player’s control?

We want to continue in the vein of TW2, though I can’t tell you anything specific about the female companions that will appear in The Witcher 3 yet. We want to shape the relationships Geralt will have with various women in a mature way, that the player can feel a natural flow to the relation and at the same time still have different choices on how to approach this or that specific character. The romances will definitely not be linear.

9 – Charles Dance will be the Nilfgaardian emperor in the game. How did that come about? What traits did he bring to the game that another actor may not have been able to? Are there many Game of Thrones fans on the team?

When we were doing research on potential candidates to voice Emhyr var Emreis, Mr. Dance was always someone who came to mind. Each group of people that was consulted on the matter somehow ended up saying that we should try to reach out to him. So… we did. And he agreed to lend us his voice. As for the specific traits of his voice, what I personally like is its commanding tone. You hear a sentence and you immediately treat it as an order. This and the beautiful accent make him a splendid Emhyr! As for Game of Thrones, it’s a great show and it has a lot of fans in the studio.

GameOfThrones_Lannister01_Screencap_20-555x312.jpg

10 – Have any games or films influenced the design of this new world? Skyrim has been mentioned as a similar game but the choices in that game were essentially irrelevant in the end and while it had various regions like Wild Hunt, it never felt quite as alive as what I have seen in the trailers. Maybe that is just a well put together trailer?

Please mind that The Witcher is based on a series of books by Andrzej Sapkowski so it’s not like we had to invent the wheel for the second time. On one hand, Mr. Sapkowski leaves many blanks as for how things look like or behave, on the other, he provides a solid framework we use to keep everything together and deliver a very consistent and coherent world. Regarding the former, it’s very fortunate that he chose to do so as we have a lot of creative freedom as to how we choose to portray different monsters or locations. Also, we put a lot of Slavic heart into the game – I can’t be very specific since it would spoil the game but we’ll have some really unique moments that are deeply connected with mythologies unknown to many gamers. Other influences? Sure! Ranging from Conan the Barbarian to Game of Thrones, it’s hard not to compare yourself to things that leave a mark on you and that you really like.

11 – Lastly, can you tell us ANYTHING about Cyberpunk 2077. I mean, at all? Pretty please?

I’d love to, but that could anger the Psycho Squad representative pointing a gun at my back.

That Cyberpunk question was worth a try! The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt is releasing for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One some time next year.
Thanks to CD PROJEKT RED for the opportunity and Producer Mikołaj Szwed for his participation.

Quelle: Witcher 3 Wild Hunt Interview: Charles Dance, Next Gen and Canon

The Witcher 3 - Präsentation von der #EGX 2013

Extern eingebundener Inhalt
An dieser Stelle findest du externe Inhalte von Youtube. Zum Schutz deiner persönlichen Daten werden externe Einbindungen erst angezeigt, wenn du dies durch Klick auf "Alle externen Inhalte laden" bestätigst: Ich bin damit einverstanden, dass mir externe Inhalte angezeigt werden. Damit werden personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt.
Weitere Informationen gibt es auf der Datenschutzseite.

Motion Capture und Animationen Making Off des Witcher 3 Cinematic Trailers %)

An dieser Stelle findest du externe Inhalte von Youtube. Zum Schutz deiner persönlichen Daten werden externe Einbindungen erst angezeigt, wenn du dies durch Klick auf "Alle externen Inhalte laden" bestätigst: Ich bin damit einverstanden, dass mir externe Inhalte angezeigt werden. Damit werden personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt.

CDPR verkündet Zusammenarbeit mit Comic-Publisher Dark Horse! Mehr Infosdazu wird es auf der NY Comic-Con geben. :)

Hier ein Teaser-Video dazu:

The Witcher 3 has just received the “Best RPG of Igromir 2013” award from GameGuru. Triss says thanks:)

1374885_10151716410184331_1496809254_n.jpg

The Witcher comic book series from CD Projekt RED & Dark Horse Comics coming in March 2014!

3oHhb.jpg

The Witcher comic series will introduce a new adventure starring monster hunter Geralt of Rivia--the main character from the Witcher games. Witcher #1 will be available for purchase beginning March 19, 2014.

"Travelling near the edge of the Black Forest, in the land of the Angren, monster hunter Geralt meets a widowed man whose dead and murderous wife resides in an eerie mansion known as the House of Glass. With its endless rooms and horror around every corner, Geralt will have to use all his witcher prowess to solve the manor’s mystery and survive."

The Witcher comic book series is being written by DC and Marvel Comics author Paul Tobin, with art from Joe Querio (Lobster Johnson, B.P.R.D.).

"We're very happy to be once again expanding The Witcher universe," said CD Projekt Red studio head Adam Badowski in a statement.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
CD Projekt Red: Cyberpunk 2077 is "mind-blowing," too soon for comic

By Brian Crecente on Oct 12, 2013 at 10:30

screen_shot_2013-01-11_at_8.46.37_am.0_cinema_720.0.png

While The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt continues development at CD Projekt Red, a second team has been methodically working on their next big game: Cyberpunk 2077.

"It is going really, really well and the team is growing and the development... well, I don't want to brag or anything, but really the stuff they've come up with is mind-blowing," said Rafal Jaki, business development manager at CD Projekt Red told Polygon at New York Comic Con.

The company, and Jaki, remain tight-lipped about exactly how they're bringing the storied table-top role-playing game to video games, but Jaki reiterated that it was coming to PC for sure and most likely next-gen consoles.

"It most probably will be," he said, "but we can't confirm or deny because it's too early for that."

What Jaki could talk about was the growing team at CD Projekt Red that is sprouting up to support the developers two titles.
There are 210 people developers working at the developer right now split into three groups.

The red team, which is more than 100 people, is dedicated to development on The Witcher 3. The black team, which is smaller than the red team, is dedicated to work on Cyberpunk. And a third "sizable" team spends its team working on the game engine that is being used for both games.

Jaki was at New York Comic Con this week to talk about the recently announced deal that has Dark Horse publishing a run of comics based on The Witcher.

I asked him if there was a possibility that Cyberpunk 2077 could be getting a similar deal.

Under the deal cut with Cyberpunk creator Mike Pondsmith, CD Projekt Red has the rights to pretty much everything but the role-playing game books.

"Mike Pondsmith is retaining the right to his books and that kind of thing, because that's his baby, his legacy for twenty more years," Jaki said. "He knows that market very well. But anything else created, that's us."

While they have the ability to sign a Cyberpunk deal, Jaki said there focus is entirely on what they already have planned.

"Right now we are focusing all of our efforts on The Witcher and I think that's not bad because we love the world and we think it's worth the attention," he said. "But after the premiere of Witcher 3 there are several possibilities that we could explore.

"We are talking and we don't know. That's the truth, we are just talking creatively within the studio. We have two huge AAA titles in development right now. It's so time consuming on our part that we really need to focus on polishing the actual games and then can pick up the conversation on what's going to be next."

While Projekt CD Red might be weighing its options in terms of future comic deals, Dark Horse has no such reluctance.
When I enthused about the possibility of a Cyberpunk comic from Dark Horse, Nick McWhorter, director of custom projects at Dark Horse, joined in, adding.

"Tell he," he said. "Just tell me when."

Quelle: CD Projekt Red: Cyberpunk 2077 is "mind-blowing," too soon for comic | Polygon

The Witcher comics will explore Geralt's lost monster-hunting moments

By Brian Crecente on Oct 12, 2013 at 12:30p @crecenteb

Dark Horse's upcoming take on The Witcher will explore the gaps in time found between the franchise's novels.
Specifically, the five-issue run, which kicks off on March 19, will see Geralt hired to deal with an undead witch wife that has taken over the mansion in which she used to live.

The run's story, written by Eisner Award-winner Paul Tobin, will be treated more like the tales found in The Last Wish, a collection of short stories written by franchise creator Andrzej Sapkowski, that details the one-off, everyday adventures of Geralt, rather than the main storylines of either the novels or the games.

"In the books there are several times when Geralt's whereabouts are not accounted for anywhere," said Rafal Jaki, business development manager at CD Projekt Red, during an interview at New York Comic Con. "There are actually several years even where we don't know what's happening with him. In our heads he was just doing his job so we thought this is a cool place to pick up and try to tell stories. What happened with him in that specific timeline.

"The short stores (from The Last Wish and The Sword of Destiny books) are the essence of what's really cool about The Witcher world and Geralt himself. We think we really captured the essence of the short stories in the comic book. This is about the witcher, Geralt, just being a witcher. He's trying to make a living killing monsters and in the process he's encountering people and dealing with the human condition as we call it. That's the same for the comic book as well."

Jaki said the team at CD Projekt Red decided to work with Dark Horse on the comic, both because they appreciate their ability to turn other video games into meaningful comics but also because they love their take on fantasy as seen in Conan, Elfquest and, in particular, Hell Boy.

"At the office, we are huge comic book fans," he said. "We obviously know Dark Horse properties very well. Actually we had one property in mind that for us was a really perfect fit with what we are trying to do with the comic books. That's the Mignolaverse, Hell Boy.

"I'm a huge Hell Boy fan and I thought why not talk with Dark Horse and see what they would like to do."

Nick McWhorter, director of custom projects at Dark Horse, said when CD Projekt came to them they were drawn to the tone of The Witcher and in particular the idea of Geralt as monster hunter.

Knowing that the developers were fans of Hell Boy, Dark Horse asked what they thought of the work of artist Joe Querio, who worked on Hell Boy spin-offs Lobster Johnson and B.P.R.D.

"The way we do this process," he said, "They look at an artist's different art and if they say ‘We like their style, we think it can fit our property well,' then go from there having them render Geralt and render the different monsters in the world."

The key, McWhorter said, is finding a happy balance between the vision of the artist and the developer.

"You can't have a comic book artist slavishly render," he said. "A game is going to look like a game. A film is going to look like a film. And a comic is going to look like a comic. You can't make a comic photo realistic or something or scrutinize every aspect of it to make it stringently look like your property, because then it won't be a comic any more. So there is a happy creative medium there. A balance of artist having their style and adhering to the look and feel of the world."

Jaki said they knew going into the process that they had to leave the heavy lifting to the people at Dark Horse.

"We don't have the expertise or the people and they're just really good at it," he said. "Creatively, we had several meetings. We went back and forth and we really feel that this comic book is a cooperation, it's not a slap The Witcher on the table and say ‘OK, this is The Witcher comic book go ahead.' We really, really worked very closely for every aspect. I know for Dark Horse that we can sometimes be a pain in the ass we're so all over the place."

While the developers knew that they would be pretty hands off about the look of the game, they thought they would likely have to do most of the writing. But it turned out, Jaki said, that writer Tobin was a bit of a Witcher expert.

"He did an excellent job with the overall feel of the world," Jaki said. "With The Witcher world it's not so obvious. This isn't a high fantasy world where you have magic and castles. It's more realistic in a way. But, instantly he knew what we were doing. It was really great, it was really surprising to us."

The end result is a story so relevant that the developers were sort of sad that it wasn't in their game, perhaps as a side mission.

"It has all of the good things about the Witcher world," he said. "We could have done that, but that was not our approach. We want to extend the universe and do it in the best possible way. If you have a great story for a comic book it should stay in the comic book arena."

Quelle: The Witcher comics will explore Geralt's lost monster-hunting moments | Polygon

Die Witcher Spielereihe feiert heute ihr sechsten Geburtstag! Gratulation! %)

3wFyd.jpg

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt has just won in the "Most Wanted" category at the Golden Joystick Awards 2013! Thank you for your votes! You've just made our 6 year anniversary even more special!:)

1390563_10151755359869331_1563025231_n.jpg

schön und gut alles,
aber warum werden diese Meldungen nicht in DEUTSCH widergegeben?

schön und gut alles,
aber warum werden diese Meldungen nicht in DEUTSCH widergegeben?
Meinst du mich? Bin ich bei der PCG angestellt und bekomme Geld dafür? :P:B

Und wenn du schon klugscheißerst, dann schreib wenigestens richtig: "Aber warum werden diese Meldungen nicht auf deutsch wiedergegeben?"

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
No DRM in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – an open letter to the community

No-DRM_720x405.jpg

Hey, following our recent announcement of the distribution deals of The Witcher 3 in North America and Europe, there have been some concerns regarding DRM and previous legal issues with The Witcher 2. We’ve seen a lot of comments in various places around the web and we would like to join in on the conversation.

I’d like to say it loud and clear: The PC version of The Witcher 3 will have absolutely no DRM from day 0. Zero. Zip. Nada. It doesn’t matter if you choose to buy it on GOG.com and support us directly or buy the game in box format, you’ll still get the 100% DRM-free experience. And this goes for the whole world.

We’ve fiddled with DRM in the past (Oh boy! How young and naïve we were;)) and that’s enough. Lesson learned.
Having said that, I’d like to thank you for your continuous support. You’ve bought six million copies of the Witcher games so far. Whoo-hoo! Let’s celebrate. Here, have some cake!

Cheers,

Marcin Iwinski
co-founder / Joint CEO

Warum CDPR nicht an DRM glaubt:

Zurück