• Aktualisierte Forenregeln

Eine kleine Änderung hat es im Bereich Forenregeln unter Abschnitt 2 gegeben, wo wir nun explizit darauf verweisen, dass Forenkommentare in unserer Heftrubrik Leserbriefe landen können.

Forenregeln

Vielen Dank

US-WAHL ENTSCHIEDEN ! Redskins verlieren letztes Spiel vor der Wahl !

archwizard80

Spiele-Enthusiast/in
GREEN BAY, Wis. - Darren Sharper, a supporter of John Kerry in the presidential race, maintained Monday that he didn't need to vote.

"No need to - it's guaranteed," Sharper said with a smile.

If history holds, the Packers' 28-14 win at Washington on Sunday portends a victory for Kerry on Tuesday because for seven decades the result of the Redskins' final home game before the presidential election has accurately predicted the White House winner.

If the Redskins win, the incumbent party wins. If they lose, the incumbent party is ousted.

The streak began in 1933, when the Boston Braves were renamed the Redskins. Since then, beginning with Franklin Roosevelt's re-election in 1936, the trend has held, including a 2000 Redskins loss to the Tennessee Titans that predicted George W. Bush's win over Al Gore.

It's been an accurate barometer for 17 straight presidential elections, "so it looks like Kerry's going to be our president," right tackle Mark Tauscher said.

Because the Packers were involved in the big game this year, there's been plenty of political talk in the locker room the last week or so.

Among the Bush supporters is kicker Ryan Longwell, who joked last week that if the game came down to a last-second field goal for trailing Green Bay to win it, he was going to be torn: "Do you figure to save the free world or do you help your team get to 4-4? No, I'm kidding."

Guard Mike Wahle, who attended the Naval Academy, said he's an independent: "I have some issues with both candidates this year. I have a lot of friends who have gone to the Persian Gulf, and for what, exactly, I'm not sure. So, it's going to be interesting."

Safety Bhawoh Jue said he's an undecided voter: "I don't know what I feel about either one of those guys. Kerry's throwing dirt in Bush's face. And Bush is doing the same thing."

Nobody knows how cornerback Al Harris feels.

"I really don't like to talk politics," he said.

Most of the Packers have had fun with the quirky statistic.

Of course, some players said nobody should care what they think when it comes to how to vote on Tuesday.

"You know what really gets me," Tauscher said, "is when Leonardo DiCaprio and those guys come out and say who they're voting for. Like it should matter to anybody else. Who (cares?) I think that's ridiculous."

Damit ist die Sache klar und die Wahl nur noch Formsache. JOHN KERRY FOR PRESIDENT :-D

archwizard80 am 02.11.2004 10:20 schrieb:
GREEN BAY, Wis. - Darren Sharper, a supporter of John Kerry in the presidential race, maintained Monday that he didn't need to vote.

If history holds, the Packers' 28-14 win at Washington on Sunday portends a victory for Kerry on Tuesday because for seven decades the result of the Redskins' final home game before the presidential election has accurately predicted the White House winner.

If the Redskins win, the incumbent party wins. If they lose, the incumbent party is ousted.

The streak began in 1933, when the Boston Braves were renamed the Redskins. Since then, beginning with Franklin Roosevelt's re-election in 1936, the trend has held, including a 2000 Redskins loss to the Tennessee Titans that predicted George W. Bush's win over Al Gore.

It's been an accurate barometer for 17 straight presidential elections, "so it looks like Kerry's going to be our president," right tackle Mark Tauscher said.

Because the Packers were involved in the big game this year, there's been plenty of political talk in the locker room the last week or so.

Among the Bush supporters is kicker Ryan Longwell, who joked last week that if the game came down to a last-second field goal for trailing Green Bay to win it, he was going to be torn: "Do you figure to save the free world or do you help your team get to 4-4? No, I'm kidding."

Guard Mike Wahle, who attended the Naval Academy, said he's an independent: "I have some issues with both candidates this year. I have a lot of friends who have gone to the Persian Gulf, and for what, exactly, I'm not sure. So, it's going to be interesting."

Safety Bhawoh Jue said he's an undecided voter: "I don't know what I feel about either one of those guys. Kerry's throwing dirt in Bush's face. And Bush is doing the same thing."

Of course, some players said nobody should care what they think when it comes to how to vote on Tuesday.

"You know what really gets me," Tauscher said, "is when Leonardo DiCaprio and those guys come out and say who they're voting for. Like it should matter to anybody else. Who (cares?) I think that's ridiculous."

Damit ist die Sache klar und die Wahl nur noch Formsache. JOHN KERRY FOR PRESIDENT :-D

Ich kann mir nicht helfen, aber warum zum Henker sollte eine Football-Spiel die Präsidentschaftswahlen entscheiden?
Irgendwann kommt immer der Zeitpunkt an dem eine Tradition gebrochen wird :). Und ich glaube fast, dass jetzt der Zeitpunkt ist. Bei dem ganzen Wahlbetrug........

Dark16 am 02.11.2004 10:42 schrieb:

Ich kann mir nicht helfen, aber warum zum Henker sollte eine Football-Spiel die Präsidentschaftswahlen entscheiden?
Irgendwann kommt immer der Zeitpunkt an dem eine Tradition gebrochen wird :). Und ich glaube fast, dass jetzt der Zeitpunkt ist. Bei dem ganzen Wahlbetrug........

Das ist das Gesetz der Serie. Eine Serie reißt immer dann, wenn man es am wenigsten erwartet. Das dürfte hier nicht der Fall sein.

hier auch auf deutsch nachzulesen...
http://www.spiegel.de/politik/ausland/0,1518,325897,00.html

Son Scheißdreck kann auch nur von den Amies kommen.... :rolleyes:

Farin-Urlaub am 02.11.2004 12:29 schrieb:

Von wegen! Deutsche Experten haben einen Zusammenhang zwischen dem Ausgang der BTW und dem Abschneiden der Nationalelf bei der WM festgestellt! :-D

Von wegen! Deutsche Experten haben einen Zusammenhang zwischen dem Ausgang der BTW und dem Abschneiden der Nationalelf bei der WM festgestellt! :-D

Von wegen :finger: , dieses Orakel ist seit 1938 unfehlbar, also nicht rummeckern, sonst spricht Gott zur Welt weiter durch einen Bush :pissed:

Was soll BTW sein ? by the way :confused:

Edit: BTW = Bundestagswahl, macht irgendwie Sinn :B

archwizard80 am 02.11.2004 14:52 schrieb:

Von wegen :finger: , dieses Orakel ist seit 1938 unfehlbar, also nicht rummeckern, sonst spricht Gott zur Welt weiter durch einen Bush :pissed:

Was soll BTW sein ? by the way :confused:

Edit: BTW = Bundestagswahl, macht irgendwie Sinn :B

Leider hat's diesmal nicht geklappt

Das Redskinorakel hat versagt. Diese Vergaser ! :| :( Das Ende der Welt ist Nahe. Ich spüre schon so ein Ziehen im Rücken. Hilfeeee ich muss schnell noch einen Apfelbaum pflanzen. :|

Zurück